|Dec 15, 2017|
|Dec 15, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||75,333|
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. is engages in the provision of passenger and cargo air transportation services. It operates through Airline Transportation Operations, and Other segments. The Airline Transportation Operations segment provides passenger, cargo, mail delivery, ground service, and cargo handling services. The Other segment is comprised of tour operations, air catering and other miscellaneous services. The company was founded in June 1988 and is headquartered in Shanghai, China.
China Eastern Airlines is a major Chinese airline based in Shanghai. It was established in 1988, following the restructuring of China's civil aviation administration, with operations originally focused on the Shanghai area. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing, and the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
China Eastern Airlines is one of China's top three carriers, along with Air China and China Southern Airlines. It is a member of the SkyTeam alliance network.
The airline has about 70,000 employees, flies to about 1,000 destinations in 170 countries and serves about 80 million passengers per year. Its fleet has about 500 total aircraft from the U.S. maker Boeing and French manufacturer Airbus.
Chairman Liu Shaoyong is a former pilot in the People's Liberation Army Air Force. He became chairman of China Southern Airlines in 2004, and joined China Eastern Airlines in 2008. Liu's goal is to improve services and further globalize the airline.
In the news
US airlines bypass Narita for airports in China and South Korea
November 24, 2017 11:54 am JST
November 22, 2017 8:26 pm JST
November 22, 2017 8:23 pm JST
Mainland lenders, energy producers pace regional gains
November 22, 2017 8:15 pm JST
Banks drive gains on positive China, US cues; Tencent slips from record high
November 22, 2017 8:04 pm JST
November 17, 2017 8:33 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||7,384.40M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||29,389.23M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||951.29M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||3,786.07M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & President: Xu Lun Ma
- Chief Financial Officer & Vice President: Yong Liang Wu
- Director & Vice President: Liu Wen Tian
- Director & Vice President: Yang Min Li
- Director & Vice President: Bing Tang
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(56.3%)
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.(10%)
- LUO YI FAMILY(4.4%)
- Shanghai Chongyang Investment Management Co., Ltd.(1.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.1%)
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(0.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.2%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(0.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.2%)
- LUO YI /EASTERN AIRLINES/(0.1%)
- Website: http://www.ceair.com
- Address: 92 Kong Gang Road 3, Shanghai, 200335, China
- Phone: +86.21.6268.6268
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.