|Mar 16, 2018|
|Mar 16, 2018|
Currency in CNY
|Full time employees:||49,151|
BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. is a supplier of display products and solutions. It is also engaged in research, development, and technology accumulation which led them in establishing their business units such as TFT-LCD Business for IT and TV products, TFT-LCD Business for Mobile and Application Products, Vision Electron and Display System Business, Back Light Products Business, Photovoltaic Business, Precision Electronic Components, and Materials Business and International Business Park Business. The company was founded on April 9, 1993 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
BOE Technology Group is China's largest liquid crystal display panel maker. BOE Technology's biggest competitor in the domestic market is TCL. BOE was established in 1993, following the reorganization of a state-owned vacuum tube plant in Beijing. The company has factories in Beijing, Hefei, Chongqing and other cities. It also has research and development centers in the U.S. and Japan.
BOE mainly produces LCD panels for flat-screen TVs, large monitors and smartphones. Its strength is in LCD panels for smartphones and tablets, a segment in which it holds the largest market share in the world.
The company has rapidly improved its technological capabilities and is building plants to produce the world's first 10.5-generation large panels. It also makes high-definition 8K displays.
BOE has strong fundraising ability, thanks to its backing from the Beijing city government, and is investing heavily in new plant construction, research and development. It is expanding its business in the following areas: LCD panels, displays and lighting technology and health care -- mostly "smart medicine" and hospital management employing information technology.
A state-run entity owned by the Beijing municipal government is BOE's largest shareholder with over 10% of its outstanding shares. The company has an employee stock ownership plan and was among the first state-owned companies to introduce a performance-based compensation system. With other Chinese manufacturers increasing investment to boost production of LCD panels, intensifying competition is a source of concern.
In the news
March 12, 2018 12:32 pm JST
Investment plan aligns with Xi's strategy to shift the economic focus to quality
March 10, 2018 7:06 am JST
March 9, 2018 8:38 pm JST
March 9, 2018 8:30 pm JST
Sunny Optical among best performers; analysts see continued market uncertainty
March 9, 2018 7:45 pm JST
March 9, 2018 3:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,527.52M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||10,222.48M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||380.44M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||1,538.70M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Yan Shun Chen
- COO, Executive Director & Executive Vice President: Xiao Dong Liu
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Executive VP: Yun Sun
- Chief Technology Officer & Senior Vice President: Tong Guanshan
- Director & Chief Technology Officer: You Mei Dong
- Beijing State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration(15.2%)
- Chongqing Yuzi Optoelectronics Industry Investment Co. Ltd.(7.8%)
- Hefei Jianxiang Investment Co. Ltd.(7.4%)
- Beijing Econ & Tech Dev Area State-Owned Assets Mgmt Office(3.6%)
- Tianan Property Insurance Co. Ltd. (Investment Portfolio)(3.5%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd.(2.5%)
- Hefei Rongke Xiangmu Investment Co. Ltd.(1.9%)
- Bosera Asset Management Co., Ltd.(1.1%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management)(0.7%)
- Guotai Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.6%)
- Website: http://www.boe.com.cn
- Address: No.10 Jiuxianqiao Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100015, China
- Phone: +86.10.64318888
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.