|May 21, 2018|
|May 21, 2018|
Currency in CNY
|Full time employees:||62,516|
BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. is an Internet of things (IoT) company, which provides intelligent interface products and professional services for information interaction and human health. It operates through the following businesses: Display and Sensor Devices, Smart Systems and Healthcare Services. The Display and Sensor Devices business uses in a spectrum of applications such as mobile phone, tablet, notebook, monitor, TV, vehicle display, digital information display, healthcare, finance, and wearable devices. The Smart Systems business provides IoT integrated solutions for various industries such as new retail, transportation, finance, education, art, and medical care. The Healthcare Services business combines medicine and life science, and is committed to developing mobile healthcare, digital hospitals, regenerative medicine and integrating BOE healthcare park resources. The company was founded on April 9, 1993 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
BOE Technology Group is China's largest liquid crystal display panel maker. BOE Technology's biggest competitor in the domestic market is TCL. BOE was established in 1993, following the reorganization of a state-owned vacuum tube plant in Beijing. The company has factories in Beijing, Hefei, Chongqing and other cities. It also has research and development centers in the U.S. and Japan.
BOE mainly produces LCD panels for flat-screen TVs, large monitors and smartphones. Its strength is in LCD panels for smartphones and tablets, a segment in which it holds the largest market share in the world.
The company has rapidly improved its technological capabilities and is building plants to produce the world's first 10.5-generation large panels. It also makes high-definition 8K displays.
BOE has strong fundraising ability, thanks to its backing from the Beijing city government, and is investing heavily in new plant construction, research and development. It is expanding its business in the following areas: LCD panels, displays and lighting technology and health care -- mostly "smart medicine" and hospital management employing information technology.
A state-run entity owned by the Beijing municipal government is BOE's largest shareholder with over 10% of its outstanding shares. The company has an employee stock ownership plan and was among the first state-owned companies to introduce a performance-based compensation system. With other Chinese manufacturers increasing investment to boost production of LCD panels, intensifying competition is a source of concern.
In the news
Japanese and South Korean rivals feel the heat as oversupply risks loom
May 13, 2018 11:18 pm JST
Huawei and BOE head surge in filings for intellectual property protection
May 10, 2018 10:00 am JST
Heavyweights Samsung, LG and AUO misread smartphone demand
April 27, 2018 4:51 am JST
Top surveillance camera maker cites alternatives if banned from American parts
April 24, 2018 1:10 am JST
Mainland production site to go onstream in 2020
April 13, 2018 1:19 am JST
April 5, 2018 10:00 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||9,740.90M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||26,381.50M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||1,441.34M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||3,903.61M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Yan Shun Chen
- COO, Executive Director & Executive Vice President: Xiao Dong Liu
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Executive VP: Yun Sun
- Chief Information Officer & Senior Vice President: Zhanqiu Yue
- Chief Technology Officer & Senior Vice President: Tong Guanshan
- Beijing State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration(15.2%)
- Chongqing Yuzi Optoelectronics Industry Investment Co. Ltd.(7.8%)
- Hefei Jianxiang Investment Co. Ltd.(7.4%)
- Beijing Econ & Tech Dev Area State-Owned Assets Mgmt Office(3.6%)
- Tianan Property Insurance Co., Ltd. (Investment Portfolio)(3.5%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd.(2.5%)
- Hefei Rongke Xiangmu Investment Co. Ltd.(1.9%)
- Bosera Asset Management Co., Ltd.(1.1%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management)(0.7%)
- Guotai Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.6%)
- Website: http://www.boe.com.cn
- Address: No.10 Jiuxianqiao Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100015, China
- Phone: +86.10.64318888
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.