|Oct 18, 2017|
|Oct 18, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||318,588|
Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. engages in the provision of financial products and services. It operates through the following businesses: insurance, banking, and investment segments. Its Insurance segment offers life, property and casualty, pension, and health insurance services. Its banking segment undertakes loan and intermediary business, wealth management, and credit card services. Its Investment segment provides trust, securities, and asset management services. The company was founded by MingZhe Ma on March 21, 1988 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China.
Ping An Insurance Group is a Chinese financial conglomerate with banking, asset management and other units. It has nearly 90 million customers. Ping An was established in the southern city of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, in 1988 as China's first joint-stock insurance company. It entered the banking business in 2006 when it purchased a bank in the city and renamed it Ping An Bank.
The company has 236,000 employees and 635,000 insurance agents. Many of the types of policies it promotes have not entered the mainstream in China. It ranks second in both the life and nonlife insurance markets in terms of premium revenues.
One of Ping An's key strengths is its ability to comprehensively offer a range of financial services, including insurance, banking, trust, securities, futures and asset management.
Ping An stands out among Chinese financial institutions for its aggressive acceptance of foreign capital. HSBC of the U.K. became its single largest shareholder in 2002. HSBC later sold its stake under a new management policy, making Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group the biggest investor. Other shareholders include Tamasek Holdings, an investment company owned by the government of Singapore.
In the news
October 18, 2017 8:50 pm JST
China Life, Ping An to report results next week; Hang Seng Index rises modestly
October 18, 2017 7:55 pm JST
October 18, 2017 6:37 pm JST
October 18, 2017 12:09 pm JST
Investors in Asia await China Communist Party Congress beginning Wednesday
October 17, 2017 8:31 pm JST
October 17, 2017 8:20 pm JST
October 17, 2017 6:39 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||111,912.29M|
|Dividends per share||0.86|
|Operating cash flow||431,187.32M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||14,417.12M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||55,547.78M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Ming Zhe Ma
- Chief Operating & Information Officer, Deputy GM: Sin Ying Tan
- CFO, Executive Director & Deputy General Manager: Bo Yao
- Chief Auditor & Compliance Officer, Deputy GM: So Lan Ip
- Senior Vice President: Shi Fan Cao
- CHEARAVANONT FAMILY(31.1%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(2.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.2%)
- Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2%)
- JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc.(1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.5%)
- CHEARAVANONT DHANIN(1.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.1%)
- APG Asset Management NV(1.0%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(0.9%)
- Website: http://www.pingan.com
- Address: 15/F-18/F, Galaxy Development Center, Fuhua 3rd Road, Shenzhen, 518048, China
- Phone: +86.400.8866338
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.